Thursday, May 12, 2011

Zambia Blog Spot

I am now less than 24 hours until departure! Nervousness has definitely set in. I will not be blogging on my site until I get back; however, you keep up with the teams trip through the Team's Zambia website here: www.renewzambia.blogspot.com

I will actually be the one updating the site, and I'm very excited about it!

Here's a few facts about Zambia:

There are about 11.5 million people that call Zambia home.

It is one of the world's poorest nations, but is rich in culture, traditions, crafts, and stories.

Victoria Falls (one of the 7 natural Wonders of the World) is located in Southern Zambia.

Life expectancy is 38 years - due to no access to clean water, hunger, Malaria, and AIDS.

Doctors in Zambia is 14,000 patients to 1 doctor, compared to 600 patients to 1 doctor in Europe and North America.

85% of Zambians are Christians - main branches being Catholic and Protestant.

Zambians are football (soccer) crazy! :)

Zambians, just like me and you, like movies, TV, radio, (these are more common in urban areas) and socializing in restaurants and family homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?