Monday, September 15, 2014

Month 7

Oh what a fun month it has been! Happy 7 months my sweet boy!

The past month, you began Day Care. As I like to call it, you rebelled your first week...
Monday, you did a lot of screaming.
Tuesday, you had 4 poops - which is so unlike you.
Wednesday, you didn't sleep but a total of 30 min (you normally nap 1-2 hours).
Thursday, you only drank one bottle (out of a possible 3).
Friday, you ate and slept well. There is hope!

You are a very curious baby, so I think you are having trouble focusing on eating or letting yourself relax to sleep. Once you get used to the place and the other 4 babies, I think you will fall into your own routine.
Update: you are doing much better in day care, but you still cry the second you see me to pick you up. I guess that's your way of being "happy" to see me.

Favorite toy at day care is a xylophone. You liked it so much, I noticed that they have placed it in your crib.
Update: it's no longer in your crib since you use it as a stepping stool to stand up higher...same reason why the mirror got taken away as well.

You are SO active! You are constantly crawling, climbing, twisting, turning, discovering, sitting on your knees, and trying to pull up and stand. We aren't reading much because of this, but I love to read you the Snuggle Puppy Book. 
Update:  you pull up to a stand easily now. You let us read to you more often. You mainly want to be read the following 3 books: Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes, Pete the Cat: I Love my White Shoes, The Sleepy Little Alphabet. You sometimes even cry for these books.

8/25 - I would put my hands out, you would place them into mine from a sitting position and stand up.

I'm not taking nearly as many pics anymore. I'm trying to spend and cherish the time I have with you, especially since I started work. Many nights, Travis and I get down on the mat and play with you by building block towers for you to knock down, roll a ball back and forth, or read books together as a family. Daddy likes to let you climb all over him. :)

I've had thoughts of giving up breastfeeding because it has been rough keeping up with the pumping and multiple nightly feedings, but I love this time together now even more so than ever. Especially in the morning before I leave for work. Most mornings, I give you a day care pep talk. :)
Update: I've taken away one of my pumping sessions during the day and it has helped a lot.

When Daddy comes home and starts to cook dinner, you love watching him. We usually place you in your highchair in the kitchen with some puffs to snack on and a bowl and spoon to play with.

We always eat dinner together as a family (unless you are napping). This is my favorite part of the day. I look forward to it every afternoon. Daddy prays over our food and thanks God for our blessings. You are given food of some sort - steamed and cut into pieces and sometimes water in a sippy cup - but you just bite on the spout or straw. You feed yourself really well. You manage to get most of it in your mouth (I'd say 3/4 of your serving). A couple of your favorite foods are bananas, apples, pulled pork, and corn on the cob (without the corn on it). You basically will eat anything I give you.

We took a trip to MS over the Labor Day holiday so that your McClain family could spend some time with you. We took you to the playground for the first time. You liked all the equipment that made music, slide - not a big fan, swung with mom, loved sitting on top of a bouncy animal, while walking around in Papa's arms and in the stroller you watched the kids playing. I can't wait for the weather to cool down some to take you to the parks in Nola.

A few nights this month, after we fed you at night and put you down in your bed, you decided to continue talking and making funny sounds at night. Travis and I just laugh as you "talk" yourself back to sleep. You mostly like to sleep with your butt in the air and your head against the side of the bed.

Speaking of night time, we still wake up at least once a night (usually around 2:30-3 am). Every now and then we have 2 wake up or no wake ups at all until 5:30 am. You are so used to our morning routine now, that you wake up at the same times on the weekend - no more sleeping in for us. We usually hang out in bed together watching cartoons as a family before starting the day.

You are all about pulling up and sometimes walking, very slowly, along furniture. Most of the time when you pull yourself up, you squeal and smile, with the proudest look on your face. I pray you keep this confidence and proudness when you accomplish something. It's motivation that can't be taught.

You have changed so much this month. Notice the beginning of the month and my updates for the end of the month. I am so proud of all the accomplishments and milestones you have made. I love seeing you explore the world more and more.

You are taking baths in the big tub now.

It's so easy for me to make you laugh. When I get you going, I can just look at you or flick my hair and you crack up. But you only do this with me.

Daddy made fun of momma's baby signs by "dancing like a monkey."

People love you. I think it's because you give good eye contact and smile. It's hard to resist those big puppy eyes. It's amazing the attention we get when we go grocery shopping because of you. So many people stop to tell you hello and mention how cute you are. Travis and I ate lunch at Sam's one day before shopping, and probably 90% of the people walking to leave the store either smiled at you, make a comment of how cute you are, or actually stopped to talk to you as you sat in the cart munching on a mum cracker. It makes me so curious of what God has in store for you.

Lastly, this has been a month of trying to balance out work, being a mom, and  maintaining the house.  The house is definitely suffering out of the three, but I'm somehow managing to make it work. I know for sure, I could not be a working mom, if it wasn't for all my husbands help. He is amazing, and I'm so thankful for all the times he has picked up my slack. He does a lot, and I know he does it because he loves us dearly. I am a very lucky woman.

I'm excited about MOPS starting up again! Hoping to make deeper connections with relationships formed from last year.

Thank you, God, for choosing me to be this little fella's momma.

Love you, Logan.

Peace, Love, and look out world, Logan's on the move!
-Miche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts?