Happy 12 months my growing boy!
Caught a virus - stayed home from day care for almost a week. You ran a high fever. We did a lot of snuggling, book reading, mickey mouse watching, apple sauce, and other pouch type eatings.
You can now squat from a standing position to pick up a toy.
You can stand up without assistance. It's becoming more and more frequent, but you still use anything you can to assist you to a stand.
You can suck through a straw.
You dance to music quite often. You love to find the book "Wheels on the Bus," and instantly start dancing the second you hand it to me. You bend your knees and sway from side to side as I sing portions of the song - you flip through the book quite fast and I try to keep up in song.
You say "Uh oh" all the time. You also are trying really hard to repeat the word duck.
love books again - your favorite are the small board books. You are letting us read to you a variety of books, but farm or animal books are your current fav.
For the superbowl we went to a small party with friends. There were a 14 month and 12 month old girls and you didn't want to play with them a whole lot. They tried to steal your sippy cup and in return you stole all their cheerios.
You can put the circle block in the correct hole of your shape sorter. I'm amazed by this because I tried to teach you how to place the correct blocks in their holes, and you didn't want anything to do with it. Weeks later, you accomplish the circle all by yourself. You also think all the blocks can fit in the circle hole. Still a work in progress. ;)
Busted lip #2 happened this month. I was talking on the phone with a friend and you slipped on a book and fell. It didn't seem like a bad fall. I picked you up and when you turned around, your face was full of blood - thanks to you putting your hand in your mouth and then all over your face. Looks like you busted it in the inside of your upper lip - we think the same spot as the first time.
You eat really well - basically anything we put in front of you. You know where your snacks are and you like to point and grunt at them when you are hungry. You recognize bananas really well. So good that you think you get to eat one the second you see one. The only food I think you don't like is green beans, and you are not too crazy about noodles. Favorites: bananas, yogurt, hummus, any meat, pancakes, peas, any kind of fresh fruit, cheerios, corn, carrots, rice, apple sauce.
You wave bye bye all the time now when we are leaving or if someone is leaving you. It's really cute.
People still stop us in any public place just to comment how cute you are. Those eyes....grab everyone's attention. Oh do you melt hearts when you give a little smile after getting some attention. I think you are starting to know you are a cutie.
I think you think the garbage can is a toy box. You've thrown away a few things (I think we found everything before it really got thrown). You've also taken trash out - especially banana peels. Our temporary fix is placing a heavy cookbook on top of the garbage can so you can't lift up the lid.
You had your first experience at Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party. I'd love to know what your mind was processing. There were many kids running around and an occasional dancing mouse. We let you ride a few rides and you seemed to enjoy them. I was just thrilled that you didn't throw a tantrum once the ride was over (you proved my expectations to be wrong - thank you!)
Speaking of tantrums, so you like to throw these little tantrums for lots of funny reasons - I finished reading a book, you ate all your food, I put you down from holding you, etc. We are still trying to figure out how to handle this since some of the tantrums are true - you are hungry, and some, you probably just need a nap. :)
We took you to your first Mardi Gras parade in Thibodaux. It was a night parade, and you were very observant. You didn't cry or seemed scared from any of the lights, sirens, or costumes. My uncle and aunt rode in the parade and they gave you a few stuffed animals - a monkey (that you didn't let go), football, and some light up toys. You know how to push the button and turn the light on to your wand.
You gained two more teeth, totally in eight.
Speaking of buttons, you LOVE pushing buttons. Any and all buttons - especially our dvr box buttons...
You see a red couch pillow on the floor, you practically run to it and face plant on it. You giggle and snuggle on the pillow for a few seconds before getting up to play again. One night you did a lot of pillow flopping. We all had lots of giggles. You caught the giggles so bad, you caught the hiccups, and if I just looked at you, you cracked up laughing. Love nights like these.
Many nights, when daddy takes you to take a bath, I sit in the living room and just listen. I listen to the chatter and laughing. It's beautiful. Last night, you were speaking "dada" and of course, Dada was in heaven and kept making you repeat it. I could picture the smiles both of you had, just from listening.
For future reference:
Sleeping: Your nap has been all over the place. Normally, you take 2 naps, totally in 2-3 hours. But you've had a few days where you only had 1 nap, lasting 40 min. Bed time begins around 8 pm. You sleep through the night, waking up around 6/6:30 am.
Eating: Breastfed every morning and night. Sippy cups of water through the day (cup at Day Care). You are loving vegetables and meat. You also enjoy fruit - you chowed down on an orange one day. You LOVE food. I feel like I feed you all. day. long. but you are always on the move. I think one of your favorite meals this month was hamburger steak, peas, and mashed potatoes. You almost took down a 4 oz patty by yourself. You love roasted broccoli and cauliflower. You know what yogurt containers look like and where we keep them - you can eat one by yourself. Cheerios is my go to snack - in which you eat by the handfuls.
Weight
Birth: 7 lbs. 11 oz
1 month: 9 lbs. 12 oz
2 month: 10 lbs. 13 oz
3 month: 12 lbs. 10 oz
4 month: 14 lbs. 9 oz
6 month: 17 lbs. 14 oz
9 month: 18 lbs. 2 oz
12 month: 19 lbs. 3 oz
Height
Birth: 20.25"
1 month: 22.25"
2 month: 23"
3 month: 24.25"
4 month: 25"
6 month: 25.75"
9 month: 26.5 "
12 month: 28"
Thank you, God, for choosing me to be this little fella's momma.
Love you, Logan.
Peace, Love, and a year has already gone bye...
-Miche
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your Thoughts?